Welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming a Placement Site with the Youth Health Equity Model of Practice (YHEMOP)! The application and matching process to become a Placement Site will occur in multiple phases (described below).
Placement Site Application Requirements Include:
- Placement Site Information
- Mentor Contact and Background Information
- Requirements for Health Equity Fellow
- Health Equity Project Information
- Alignment with OMH Strategic Priorities and Functions
- Special Considerations or Needs
- Optional: Recommended Health Equity Fellow
*Please note, all placement sites will be responsible for the Fellow’s on-boarding and security clearance (if applicable). If additional time is needed for these processes, please indicate it in this section.
Health Equity Project Alignment:
To apply to serve as a YHEMOP Placement Site, applicants must demonstrate:
- A clear plan for a distinct Health Equity Project that aligns with one or more of OMH’s Strategic Priorities:
- A project for the Health Equity Fellow to work on, which aligns with one or more of OMH’s Key Functions:
- Partnership and networks
- Policies, programs and practices
- Research, demonstration and evaluation
HHS and OMH Priority Areas:
In addition to the alignment requirements listed above, OMH will give special consideration to projects that promote the treatment/and or prevention of the following:
- Opioid abuse
- Childhood obesity
- Serious mental illness
- Infant mortality
- Heart disease
- Unintentional injuries
- Liver disease
Phase 1. Please download and complete the Application Form, using the link at the bottom of the page. Please upload your completed Application Form in the space provided below. This application will close on December 7, 2017. If you have any trouble uploading your application please send questions to OMHYHEMOP@atlasresearch.us
Phase 2. The YHEMOP team will notify you of whether or not you were selected as placement site by December 30, 2017. Health Equity Fellow applications are open between January 19 – February 19, 2018. Final notification of match will be made no later than April 1 (if an earlier date is required for clearance reasons, please indicate this in Section F of the application).
Phase 3. Once a match is finalized, the YHEMOP team will schedule a kickoff meeting to introduce the fellow and mentor, as well as discuss the Health Equity Project to be completed during the summer.
Placement Dates: June 4, 2018 – August 10, 2018. Flexibility in these dates may be accommodated on an individual basis; however, the project period must be at least 10 weeks.
Placement Site Applications are no longer being taken for Summer 2018.